Thursday 26 December 2013

A MAGICAL CHRISTMAS

I think that Christmas is magical and a great time of year to show your loved ones just how much they mean to you. I also think that Christmas is a time that's best spent with your family.
 
I spent Christmas 2012 in Perth with my lovely friend Becky. We spent Christmas Day on the beach in a 42 degree heat and had a BBQ for dinner. Although it was a great experience, it wasn't the same without my mum, dad and brothers.
 
At the beginning of 2013, I made a decision. It would take a lot of dedication and many lies, but I knew it would be worth it. I spent all year telling my parents that I would be spending Christmas 2013 in New Zealand with my friend Caitlin.
 
Throughout the year , my story developed. I googled what the weather would be like, any traditions that they have and what is eaten for Christmas dinner. I was telling my parents lie upon lie and, sometimes, it was hard to keep track of them all.
 
I finished my year in Australia and month in Thailand and, instead of flying to New Zealand, I caught a flight to London. I arrived on the 17th December and stayed in Covent Garden for a week. I decided to arrive a week early so I had some time to get over jet lag, do some Christmas shopping and avoid any problems there may be with flights.
 
On Christmas Eve, I surprised my family.
 
My family were shocked, confused and excited. I hadn't seen them for one year, one month and one week and it was a brilliant way to end my travels.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment