- Strangers really are friends you haven't met yet.
- It all starts with a simple "hello", don't be scared to make the first move.
- Remember that time you were by yourself when people take the time to talk to you.
- You will get homesick and want to go home. Don't leave, you will regret it.
- Accept people for who they are. Everybody sins differently.
- Your friends may not like who you do, but don't let that stop you building new friendships.
- At some point you will feel like you've hit rock bottom. Keep going, it'll get better.
- Strangers can be extremely generous. Be generous to strangers.
- You have a lot of time to think. Embrace it, you can learn a lot about yourself.
- Travel light.
- Remember; if you don't like something, you can leave.
- You have insurance for a reason. Don't put off something which involves your health.
- Don't work too hard. Remember, you are on a working HOLIDAY visa.
- Hair straighteners are also great at ironing clothes.
- Every bad situation has a silver lining.
- Think outside the box. A change of plan can lead to more exciting things.
- Living by yourself can be both the best and worst thing.
- When you travel long enough, you'll have people you miss all over the world.
- You may make the same mistake more then once, just make sure you learn from it.
- Consider renting, it could be cheaper then hostels.
- Don't mistake a lesson for love.
- You may get to the point where you question everything about your life. It may not be easy.
- Going home can be both exciting and terrifying.
- People will either love or hate your honesty, but speak the trust anyway.
- Rumours in a small town spread like wild fire.
- If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
- You can leave a country feeling more lost then when you arrived.
- A fresh coat of nail varnish can do wonders.
- "Normal" people can have the most interesting stories to tell.
- You'll realise that the world is a small place.
- New experiences will give you new confidence.
- When you're travelling, you are what you are, right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. Make the most of it.
- Drugs make you stupid.
- Over prepare, then go with the flow.
- Sometimes, leaving someone behind can make your relationship stronger.
- Working with a hangover is better then missing out on making new memories.
- Travelling can take away the feeling of loneliness.
- Money can stretch as far as you need it to.
- You'll learn who your true friends are.
- Travelling by yourself is the best thing you can ever do.
- Remember to keep in touch with old friends whilst making new ones.
- Anywhere can feel like home, just let it.
- Don't let your fears hold you back.
- You'll learn to appreciate the small things in life.
- You may realise the things you missed, aren't actually that important.
- Travel is not something you'll regret.
- Moving from place to place can be exhausting.
- It's hard when you realise you'll never have the exact same experiences, ever again.
- That moment you have to say goodbye to someone you care about can be most unpleasant.
- You'll notice all the small things your parents do for you and how you took them for granted for so long. You'll appreciate them massively and love them even more.
Tuesday, 28 January 2014
Saturday, 25 January 2014
Friday, 24 January 2014
Wednesday, 22 January 2014
Friday, 17 January 2014
Monday, 6 January 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I have just returned from a 4 day trip to Amsterdam where I celebrated my friend's 24th birthday. I thought Amsterdam was a beautiful city, despite the rainy weather. I loved the crooked buildings and friendly people and I can't wait to go back.